Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for our residents and the communities in which we build. We do this by dedicating ourselves to excellence in each phase of the development process and adhering to the core beliefs and values that underpin our approach to development and homebuilding.
- We believe that community development and homebuilding are more than bricks and mortar. They are about building to the land, not on it; with land plans and infrastructure that respect and protect the environment; with architecture that is imaginative, yet contextual and timeless; and with landscaping and hardscape that integrates and augments to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- We believe in decisions and actions guided by three rules: Treating others the way we would want to be treated; doing the “right thing” not the easy or expedient; and thinking long-term.
- For our residents, we understand that their homes are an expression of their aspirations and preferences; our goal is to provide each customer with a home that expresses those qualities in a way that is uniquely theirs.
- For the communities in which we work, we believe in the importance of contributing to a community rather than taking from it, leaving it better off when we are finished than when we began.
- Our success hinges on teamwork and an individual dedication to excellence from every person that shapes the outcome—from our company colleagues, our professionals, to our trade partners and the vendors we work with.
- Excellence is achieved through an uncompromising care for and attention to detail, as an expression of the integrity of each individual team member.
- We believe in learning from the past and measuring success based on what we do now and in the future for our customers the communities we work with, and our partners.
- We believe that a “place” is defined by how people experience it. Our job is to imagine, design, build and deliver homes and communities that enhance the way our customers live, interact with each other, and with Nature.